Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Theme from 'That Darn Pope'

To commemorate the recent popeification, I offer a never before told tale.

In the late 90s, a couple of old friends of mine had moved to Hollywood, in the hopes of breaking into the television show stuff and happening and gimme a bouncy 'C'.

They wrote a pilot episode for a hilarious sitcom. It was a Buddy Hackett vehicle. Buddy would star as the first Jewish Pope. The pilot script was awesome. Seemed like a no-brainer to me. My pals asked me to write a spec theme song. I could not have been more thrilled! Buddy Hackett? TV theme song? I was gonna be rich!

But, unfortunately, Buddy got a firm offer for a part in the Fox show Action!, and That Darn Pope never happened.

But, in honor of the new pope search, I offer you my never before released theme song to That Darn Pope.


No comments:

Post a Comment